Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Some Interesting Music

audioNetwork

I don't think I can express how much I like audionetwork.com. Without it I doubt if the Public Domain Project would have even gotten started.

Four of the five projects have been completed using music purchased from this site. And at $1.35 per song that's a good bargain. Why? Because purchasing the song makes my vid free from the insanity which YouTube calls it's Copyright Infringement Policy.

Many Songs And Counting...

Currently I have 72 songs tagged for future use. And every time I go on the site that list grows. Looks like I won't have a problem finding music to use. It's only when I'm looking for specific music which is the problem [ i.e. something that sounds like Mike Post ].

Of course it's not anything people will recognize. But that doesn't lessen the quality of the music. It just means people haven't been exposed to it yet. So that too is part of this project.

Are Those Real Instruments I Hear?

And another nice feature is that many of the songs are not just synth compositions created by a single person. Many of these are played by actual orchestras playing real instruments! ANd you can really tell the difference between a real French Horn and a synth French Horn.

That's not to say there isn't synth music up there. And it's also not saying I have anything against synth music. But the theme songs I grew up listening to were all done on real instruments. It's just a matter of taste.

What's To Lose

So if you're a vidder and are looking for something to use in your next vid give this a thought. That way you won't have to sit there wondering if YouTube is going to hit you with that nasty ContentID notice. Or even worse, a CopyRight strike...

2 comments:

  1. I recently posted a vid using a song I bought from Audio Network and Youtube still managed to tell me it was copyrighted and placed ads next to my vid. It's still better than having the video removed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had the same thing happen. I disputed it and the claim vaporized.

      Check THIS POST to see if it's the same organization.

      You can also contact AudioNetwork and the composer of the song and I think they would be a bit pissed about someone else monetizing their music.

      Delete