Sunday, March 4, 2012

Who's Next In The Queue?

drawingBoard, Scanned picture from a publication issued by the company S.K.F. (SKF) around 1940-45.

And They're Off

Now that I've got some source material I can finally get back to doing what I like best. Actual vidding! It's not an Instant Gratification Project but the Sherlock Holmes movies with Basil Rathbone are on deck.

I've started clipping the movies taking out some general material I know I'll need. You always need those posing shots. You know, the ones where the actor stands there usually not speaking but you can get a good look at them. And also any good action shots I see along the way.

The Music

Yes, I will have to start dwelling into the music sites again to find something good. Good and that fits the bill. But at least I've now got a good idea which of the sites will produce what. The results of finding music that sounds like actual themes has been very underwhelming. It's either not there or I'm just not looking in the right place.

Basil Rathbone is not my favorite Sherlock Holmes but he's the one I have the most free footage of. I have The Woman in Green, Sherlock Holmes and the Secret Weapon, Dressed To Kill, and Terror By Night. I really wish his Hound of the Baskervilles version was available but you can't have everything.

Summary

I remember when I used to have an idea in the morning and could sometimes have the vid finished before I went to bed. Those days are far behind me now. I will need to find something else to act as instant gratification. Those were nice when I just needed a little pick-me-up.

No comments:

Post a Comment