Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Music Used To Be The Easy Part

audioNetwork

Times Have Changed

Currently I'm in the process of clipping the Sherlock Holmes movies. That's the easy part. But it wasn't always that way. Used to be this was the difficult part scrubbing through all the footage to find the material. The music was already selected and ready to go.

But now, I have the footage but it takes quite a while to find the music I want to use. So it's listening to tons of material in the hopes that something will strike my muse. I have a few nibbles but nothing concrete.

But I do have some excellent leads for future projects.

There's A Lot Of Music Here

I know I've only scratched the surface here. Every search I do brings up more good music. My database it beginning to fill up. You can't save playlists on audionetwork.com unless you become a member. And becoming a member is $500. Not really a price I want to pay just for my hobby.

So I use the worlds most popular database program Excel to keep track of songs I like. Then I can go back and revisit just what I need when a project demands it.

So What Type Of Opening Will This Be?

As of right now, I have no idea what I will be using with the Sherlock Holmes footage. At one point I was considering doing a comedy [ or even a romantic comedy ]. But I'm not really into shipping Basil Rathbone and Nigel Bruce.

I just spent the last three hours mulling over music in my library and new songs on audionetwork. Hopefully I'll find something I like before it's time to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment