Monday, March 19, 2012

And You Thought SOPA Was Bad...

Round 2

This thing just won't stop. Now the RIAA has gotten the ISPs to do their dirty work. And it has the potential to wipe out an untold number of people's lives with the fines they could impose.

Petition for RIAA and the Obama Administration: Stop ISPs from launching a massive copyright spying scheme this July 12th

Go read and possibly sign...

The Vidding World

I don't see how this could NOT affect the vidding world. They're not just chasing illegal downloads. They'll be going after every instance of every song which means that any vid is a potential target.

A Personnel Experience

Personally I decided years ago to not fork over anymore money to people like that. Last year we went to a folk festival and my relevant other wanted the CD of one of the groups. I asked if this music was labeled by the RIAA. The girl told me no, it was on an independent label. So I bought the CD.

Had it been labeled by the RIAA I would have bought a t-shirt or something else and we would have done with out the music.

I like what Thomas Fortenberry had to say about it on his blog.

I have an idea for fairness. Why doesn’t RIAA pay damages, restitution, lost time, usage fees, and back royalties to all the thousands of artists that have been defrauded over the decades, especially those guilty of performing while minority. Secondly, they can cough up all the gouging profits they have made off consumers for the past few decades, over-charging us for compact discs that cost less than five cents to make, and send everyone in America a check for the difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment