Wednesday, February 29, 2012

The State Of My Vidding

projector, http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Fumeo9250_gold.png

The Never-Ending Job

When I started into this copyright free style I hadn't realized just how much work it was going to be just to get the material I needed. I'm currently converting the 50 Sci-Fi movies I purchased. Luckily this can be done while I'm doing other things, like work. I read a little then write a few paragraphs. Then I look to the side to check the progress of the conversion. Who knows how long this would take if I couldn't do this simultaneously with other things.

appleMotion

Vacation Vid

It's quite surprising how this project is going. The more I work with it the quicker the project is moving. It's also showing me my shortcomings when I look at the beginning of the vid. It's quite possible that toward the end I will redo parts of the vid because I'm not really happy with the results. I was happy with it when I first did it but since then I've learned enough to tell me where I went wrong.

Old VHS Footage

And previously I had converted some old VHS tapes for Beverly. It was footage of her sone when he was young. Originally I had intended to merely converted it to digital and burn it onto a DVD. But with this vacation project I'm beginning to see something else that could be done. Right now Rees over five hours of footage. Most people would never want to sit through that much [ just like my 1300+ vacation photos&sp;].

So my thought, which I'll present to Beverly, is to make a much short one. One that people would actually be able to sit through. We'll see...

drawingBoard, Scanned picture from a publication issued by the company S.K.F. (SKF) around 1940-45.

The Flipbook

Here's anoth project that's on the computer but hasn't gone anywhere. Is still a hi-priority but I don't have the time. Bt if I'm going to use it as a new intro then it's got to move up the list. It shouldn't really take that long. I've done all the scoping out of her original. And although it's going to be tedious, it's all about the same techniques. Images move from off the top of the screen to the center in order once I have one done I can copy the behavior to each new image. That will make it easier.

The hard part will be the creation of all the images with the text that cuts in and out. No need for any fancy alpha channels or effects. Just straight photo editing. And that I've been doing for over 20 years now.

audioNetwork

Themes? What Themes?

And the casualty of all this time spent on ripping and learning Motion is finding music. And to be truthful, that's one of the most important things I need to be doing. Sure, what people notice first is the video footage but without any music there's no vid. And compared to the preparation of the video resources, listening to new music takes a lot more time and effort.

No comments:

Post a Comment