Monday, February 20, 2012

Not The Fun Part Of Vidding

projector, http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Fumeo9250_gold.png

And The Ripping Begins

Figured I'd better get started. There are 24 disks to rip then they need the individual movies converted. It's amazing how much non-vidding work needs done.

I've checked the Sci-Fi movies and it seems like all 50 are Public Domain. I want to make sure before I start using any of them. I don't know the quality yet, I'll see when the conversion process begins. But you can never tell if you're getting a print made form the master 35mm film or a 3rd generation copy from a VHS tape. I can already guess that the Rocky Jones episodes will be crappy. Everything I ran across says they looked like 3rd gen VHS rips. Can't have everything...

Then I've got to enter them all into the movie database I've started. Then I have to get it moved over to the iPhone. That way if I'm out and about and see a big bin of cheap movies I'll have the list with me.

I'll probably add movies I don't have but might want. Sort of a Wish List.

So it's 2200 hours and Castle is about to start. I got 14 sides ripped and that's a good start.

No comments:

Post a Comment