Friday, February 17, 2012

I Can't Believe This!

youTube

WTF YouTube

As you know, I've been trying to do this vidding all by the book now. Making sure all my material is Pubic Domain, Creative Commons, or purchased. Yeah, I'm taking the hard road. But it seems that even though I'm trying to make something of this new style, YouTube has other ideas.

Please Explain This!

How can a vid using Public Domain movie footage with a song purchased from audionetwork have a Content ID problem!!!

WTF YouTube

Really, This has to be the biggest bunch of bullshit I've ever heard of.

ETA: GET THIS!!!!

I disputed this issue and immediately I got this:

All content owners have reviewed your video and agreed with your dispute:
Your video has been restored to its original state.

Please note that the video's status can change; if another content owner claims it, this process may repeat. You may want to check your videos' status periodically.

Please take a few minutes to visit our Help Center section on Policy and Copyright Guidelines, where you can learn more about copyright law and our Content Identification Service.

Entity: Music Publishing Rights Collecting Society Content Type: Musical Composition.

What, it was instantaneous! I disputed and within a millisecond they viewed it and determined they were wrong!

Now I need to find out who the fuck the Music Publishing Rights Collecting Society is...

ETA 2: They Don't Seem To Exist

I can't find anything on this organization. No web site at all. And loads of other people on YouTube seems to be hassled by these idiots also. They just go around claiming things. They claimed someone playing Bach on their violin. Clearly, that's not possible.

We truly do live in a world of idiots, don't we...

No comments:

Post a Comment