Thursday, January 19, 2012

My [Soon-To-Be] First Copyright-Free Opening Credit

drawingBoard, Scanned picture from a publication issued by the company S.K.F. (SKF) around 1940-45.

Night of the Living Dead theme

Deciding to use Night of the Living Dead [NofLD] in a mashup is proving interesting. My first thought was to use the [NofLD] theme song. But after listening to the creepy, slow theme I've decided that it wouldn't be good for a theme song. That means I need to find appropriate music from other sources.


Other Musical Alternatives

One thought is to find a song similar to the Shaun of the Dead theme. I really like the idea of an update piece of music for a zombie show. But this is not your Normal zombie music. The current style would be something akin to The Walking Dead.

Timing

One big concern is the length of the final music. Since an opening theme usually runs 1 to ½ minutes any piece of music will need or be edited. BUt that shouldn't be much of a problem as I once had to take The original song for Kim POssible [ which was about 3 and ½ minutes ] and edit it down to about 1 and ½ minutes.

Opening Style

When working with video of a limited style you have limited end product style. After scanning through the movie I know there's no possibility of doing like a Friends style opening. There are no smiling faces and no silliness at all. So that limits the scope. But then again, the Friends theme is off the table anyway.

Time Frame

I figure I'll be starting to clip the movie tonight. There will, of course, be a lot more clips than I need. But as always I'll put all of them into the clip library in case I want to use this movie for something else. I'll also be going through the audio library looking for something that works with the footage.

All told, this is a hell of a lot more work than my previous mashups. But that's good in a way. My previous work had gotten to easy. It was no longer a challenge. Being challenged is a good thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment