Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Is It Ready Yet?

drawingBoard, Scanned picture from a publication issued by the company S.K.F. (SKF) around 1940-45.
So, what have I been up to lately? A couple of things actually. And in a couple of the projects. Still no real idea on when I'll get something out. Besides these projects there's quite a bit to do at work. And sometimes that just makes me too tired to work on the fun stuff. But I'm working on it...

Florida Vacation

During the vacation I had switched the camera from the outdoor settings to the indoor settings when we had gotten to the hotel. I wanted the shots in the hotel to be balanced correctly. But it came with a consequence...

The next day when we ventured out I forgot to set it back to the outdoor setting. And because it was so sunny I could not see in the viewer that all the pictures I was taking had a slight blue tint. SO I went along snapping things without realizing what I was doing. It wasn't until we had taken a break on the segway trip was I actually able to view the camera screen in the shade. I reset the camera, took a second picture of a tree I had already show, and compared them.

Yeap, this was gonna be taking a lot of my time in Photoshop doing a shitload of colour correction. So that's what I'm doing with that project. Selecting photos I'm going to use and running them through the correction process.

TV Opening Mashup

I haven't given up on this genre altogether. I'm just looking for the proper video and audio to use. I've been digging through the Internet Archive searching for something that strikes my fancy. And I think I've actually found a Public Domain movie to try out. And it also happens to be one of my favorite movies. Night of the Living Dead. Somehow this movie has fallen out of copyright. That means that my first copyright free mashup with be with a classic horror flick from the 1960s.

Music

And as always there's been more searching for free, and decent, music. I think this will be more time consuming than looking for video. Every piece that I find needs all the correct meta-tags placed in iTunes making sure I know where it came from and the exact license it holds. Then at some point I'll also need to flesh out the genré tags so I'll be able to find a particular style much quicker.

Housekeeping is a never ending job.

Date To Publish Something?

I'm really hoping to have something out by the end of the month. It certainly won't be the Florida Vacation piece. That has quite a bit to go before it's ready. It will probably be the Night of the Living Dead mashup for two reasons. [ 1 ] Mashups are what I have the most experience with so it will come together the easiest. And [ 2 ] I can't believe that Night of the Living Dead is actually Public Domain. Didn't think I'd get that lucky...

No comments:

Post a Comment